Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Movie(s) night..

Who’d believe I’ve finished 3 exams out of 6 just yesterday?! Now I am only half the way to go. Yet feeling amazingly bored to the extend that I’m having the next ALLAH’s ,most annoying subject “Networks”, and I am wasting my time watching movies, eating, sleeping.. or even gazing at the wall.
Grrrr…. Let me not start that talk…

You know I’ve watched 3 movies in the last 3 days! Something that I haven’t done in a long time I think. Am I that addicted to films? Guess yea.. guess I am.. especially that my recent wish is to have a much faster broadband to download a film daily.. hehe.. I just discovered few important titles that’s a must watch by anyone, and yet I haven’t tried!
Sooo.. guess now I am trying to compensate my lose with the little few ones I have..

So let me go in order..
1st one was “Pirates of the Caribbean: Part 1”.. Yes,, I am that old! .. look.. it’s a problem.. I know.. I hate things even without trying.. and I’ve been resisting watching that particular one for so long, till few friends were actually mocking me, as they were going to part 3 in theater.. soooo,,, the little fighter inside me showed up more courage to watch part 1, at least to know whats the whole fuzz about! And guess what :S it was a hit.. “Pirates of the Caribbean” is a one hit :D .. however to tell you the truth.. its not that type of a must-watch-again movies.. mmm… I wasn’t enchanted by the music (at all).. even the dialuge wasn’t very great y3ni.. bas the story is catchy keda.. adventurous .. lol.. good enough if you wish to watch something and not fall asleep..
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.


For a note y3ni.. before that, I was about to watch "Hoodwinked".. but I was saved after the 1st 30 minitues or so.. it’s a total boring one.. NEVER go to it if you are animated film’s fan like me. Just get away from it..

Ok ok..
The 2nd was “The holiday”.. a typical American story. Destiny, fate, coincidences, true love stories.. blalala… the music is not excellent. Dialog is not that perfect.. story is repeated in a way.. yet something about it makes it worth watching..
As a 2nd thought, I felt like, may be showing 2 lives in parallel makes it unique in a way? I don’t know.. it always bugs me.. not bugs me.. makes me wonder.. how can God manage to run all these lives all together at the very same time. So watching them in a movie brought but the question again to my mind.. what are you doing now.. no matter who are you.. I don’t care as long as you are living away from my house!
And ah, for the memory.. the scene I couldn’t help the emotional flow in, was when Arther was to enter the big hall and find those hundreds of people saluting him. Was like me imaging myself in his situation. Almost a forgotten 80 year old lady, who used to be famous and now I’m asked for an interview as such with my expectations to be as small as possible. Then as a surprise.. noo… people still remembers me! God! That would make me feel extraordinary..
I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.

3rd and last one for today, an old one somehow, but of all times best movies, I reckon, or it better be! “enemy at the gates”!
Grrrr… that one was fabulous… yup f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s.. look… to agree up that.. the dialog wasn’t good at all.. not to the level of the film.. however, sound effects and the background music were out of this world! Wonder why it was reminding me with "Schindler’s list" all through the film!.. yet.. grrr…. Loved it.. the story is very interesting to me.
By the way, its not my 1st time watch. I saw parts from it on TV before, but never concentrated as today. Was like, me Vs. it.. who’ll win.. and believe now.. that one! A must-be-watched-again-and-again..
And! I didn't find the quotation I liked on imdb.com .. so probably later I'd try to write it down.. Now I got no mind for that...

Ah.. what makes me wonder by the way, the coincidence of watching 2 movies at random for the same actor "Jude Law". Yup, no doubt now he turned to be one of my best ;) .. loved his calm and confident way of acting.. yup.. way to go Jude.. I’ll be watching your coming work isA..

People, no escape.. I SHOULD go back to network (as if I started aslan)..
Wish me luck, I hardly need it..

A note

This page is closed, however I will continue blogging in English and Arabic on my new space: http://lastoadri.com/blog Thanks to change RS...